The UX Developer is the person who translates detailed designs in deliverables for the development team, incorporating all aspects of user focused design considerations including information architecture, user centered design, user testing, interaction design, and even aspects of visual design.
- You work in a winning team and are motivated and determined to meet the team’s goals
- You are able to cooperate closely with developers, technical architects, analysts, project management.
- You develop new screens and interactions based on mock-ups and detailed design deliverables
- You implement reusable patterns in order to realize an efficient development environment in the projects you are working on
- You challenge the UX Designer in his/her work to come to a feasible implementation
- You present alternative solutions to solve a user’s problems
- You are a sparring partner for the UX Lead and other team members when discussing design problems.
Personal and communication skills
- You are a developer at heart with a great interest in all things User eXperience and design.
- You are able to quickly identify “problems of the user”. This is true for problems where you can detect a possible business opportunity as well as for problems with the usability of a specific software.
- You are able to switch context and can work on different projects, without losing your focus
- You have a critical attitude toward business requirements and are able to provide constructive feedback to the business owners. You listen to the end users and map the proposed solutions to their issues and problems.
- You aim for added value at all times.
- You are able to cope with changing requirements and progressive insights.
- You are able to think outside the box and make abstraction of existing solutions, providing different angles to a problem.
Technical skills & knowledge
- Expert in HTML 5 and CSS3, including animations and responsive design
- Experience with Less/Sass
- Experience with bootstrap
- Experience with mobile app development (using web technologies and a native look ‘n feel) is a plus
- You are open to spread your knowledge to others and have experience with coaching more junior team members