At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company’s diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. JLG is part of the Access segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join us to lead our buying teams at a tactical level. The position reports into the Director of Purchasing for the EMEA region.
The tactical buying team is spread around the region, in Belgium, France and Romania . Each buyer within the team is responsible for around 500 part numbers across the range of machines.
The key duties of the role will be:
- Direct leadership of Tactical Buyers
- Responsible for the goal setting, measurement, training, and motivation of the team, and the growing of these individuals.
- Interface as needed with both the supplier base and JLG upper management.
- Attend staff, operations, and other meetings when Director is unavailable.
- Advise manager of any circumstances that could affect quality, delivery or pricing of purchased product.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout your supply base investigating new technology, improving efficiencies, and resolving chronic issues.
- Communicate and conduct meetings, presentations, and updates with suppliers, manufacturing locations, business segments/units, and executive management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 5 years related experience
- Familiarity with heavy equipment/machinery or automotive/vehicle technologies
- Strong Management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience influencing and leading groups
- Negotiation skills
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.