Established in Amsterdam in 1990 as a subsidiary of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi A.S. (TGB), GarantiBank International N.V. (GBI) operates through its head office in the Netherlands, its branch in Germany and representative offices in Turkey, Switzerland and Ukraine. GBI is supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM) and operates under Dutch and European Union laws and regulations. Starting from 1st of July 2015, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) has become the controlling shareholder of TGB. As a result of this change in shareholder structure at TGB, GBI has become part of the BBVA Group and has been identified as a significant supervised entity.
GBI has been delivering added-value in trade finance, structured finance, private banking and retail banking market segments. The Bank is an award-winning “global boutique” player delivering top-end tailored solutions to selected trade finance clients around the globe. In private banking field, the specialization is to provide financial services to international high net-worth individual and institutional clients with holistic product coverage and a high degree of service sophistication. Structured finance services, comprising of corporate banking and cash management, add value in terms of broad business diversification through service oriented customer management. Furthermore, GBI offers diversified retail banking services in Germany and Netherlands.
- Preparation of financial projections for operational and strategic planning
- Actively managing the annual budget process and coordinating with parent institution
- Carrying out financial analysis including; ALM margin analysis, revenue analysis, monthly estimations, volume and product margin analysis
- Liaising with Asset and Liability Management Desk for net interest margin management
- Monitoring and managing the processes and outcomes related with IFRS hedge accounting including hedge designation, documentation and effectiveness
- Presenting the outcomes and developments to the Asset and Liability Committee
- Prepare data and analysis for various external parties including external rating agencies, etc.
- Reporting to and working with CFRO on ad-hoc requests related with financial analysis matters
- Contributing to the IFRS 9 implementation project
Education and Experience
- Master Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years of proven experience in a similar position at an international bank or at an external audit firm with specific experience in financial institutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in English (good written and verbal communication)
- Strong problem solving and implementation skills
- Proficient in working with Spreadsheet Solutions (MS Excel and MS Access)
- Experienced in IFRS