Vestas Service department Benelux
Vestas Benelux is a Sales Business Unit with its main office in Arnhem the Netherlands and is responsible for the Sales, Construction and Service of Vestas wind turbines in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Our Benelux organization has approximately 150 employees, most of them Service Technicians working in the different regions. In the main office there’re approximately 60 employees employed.
The objective of the Service Technician role is to assemble, make operational, ready to operate and maintain the wind turbines under contract to the employer, so that they operate efficiently and effectively to make a maximum contribution to the operating result, with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Checking the presence, completeness and good operation of the necessary safety gear and tools, along with the valid inspection certificates in accordance with current guidelines
- Checking the presence and completeness of the necessary materials
- Reporting to the customer after receiving a work assignment via the company system or reporting failures by telephone
- Doing (preventive) maintenance, periodically checking and testing the operation of the wind turbines (or components), in accordance with current rules or work instructions
- Tracing and, where possible, repairing failures
- Assembling components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary making use of internal or external cranes.
- Cooperating on workplace inspections at worksites
- Doing various electrical works (e.g. electrical connections, failure analysis and maintenance)
- Doing various mechanical works (e.g. assembly and maintenance of mechanical parts)
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services for specialists, after consultation with the foreman in your region, and ensuring that any allocated staff comply with the prescribed procedures, work instructions and rules relating to quality, working conditions, safety, the environment and engineering
- Offering on-site support with specialist projects and offering support to suppliers
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services in your own region for tools and components not present but necessary
- Informing the customer, the foreman and the workflow planner when, due to circumstances, the service work cannot be completed
- Compiling service reports including keeping a record of the materials used per turbine
- Recording failures (keeping a historical record) and down times
- Doing various administrative work, including keeping a logbook, an hourly record and a record of mileage
- Higher School certificate level
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Service Technician
- Driving license B / B-E
- Good English and Dutch are mandatory; French an asset
- Comfortable working at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world’s energy mix more sustainable – join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.