Are you a C++ Software Engineer willing to work in a high pressure environment? Can you make low latency happen?
For our client based in Amsterdam we are looking for a:
Senior C++ Engineer
The company, based in the center of Amsterdam, is a derivatives trading company founded around the turn of the century. This organization is a market maker and trader in Europe’s major equity derivative markets. They hold their office in an old canal-house with high ceilings, old sculptures hanging from the walls and ceiling chandeliers.
On the contrary to what one would expect from a financial institution the atmosphere on the floor is very informal. The company is dedicated to taking care of its employees. In order to do so, they have hired a professional chef to cook breakfast and lunch and for the Software Development Team they even have created a focus-room which is completely silent for the Software Developers to have no distractions from the trading floor. In total they have 50 people working here from which in total 12 are dedicated to Software Development. Most of the people have worked here over the length of years, which shows the dedication people have for this company.
As a C++ Software Engineer you will work in a team with 4 others in the fully dedicated ‘speed-team’. It will be your responsibility to make sure the software is tweaked so that it becomes as fast as possible. In order to do so, you will work closely together with the traders and your colleagues from the other Development Teams from Architecture, Protocols and Functional. It is expected that you deliver in time and make sure that there is absolutely no down-time. In order to do so you will be required to work in a constantly changing environment. Every millisecond counts!
Profile of the Senior C++ Engineer
- Strong C++ Engineering background
- You are highly analytical and understand of Distributed Systems
- Experienced in CPU Technologies such as: Cache, Memory Layout, Minimizing Branches and Loop Unrolling
- Experience in game development, telecom systems or trading systems is a plus
- You are interested in Option Trading or Financial Markets
- You take responsibility and deliver in time
- You are fluent in English (Both spoken and written)
- Up to €5.000,00 gross monthly salary based on skill and experience
- Pension arrangement
- Several bonus plans
- 27 holidays + 7 days to buy
- Career opportunities
- Travel allowance
- Fixed working station (with a super computer)
- Personal Education Plan
- Daily breakfast & lunch
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 020-2044516 / 06-53734203