(Senior) Backend Java Developer – ESB
About the Job
We’re looking for a strong (Senior) Backend Java Developer who is able to develop quality software in complex IT environments. In this role you are a key player in realizing innovative IT solutions.The successful candidate is an experienced software developer with extensive knowledge. You’ll be working in our Build team.
• Drafting and amending functional and technical design documents;
• Creating quality software, which matches the business needs;
• Knowledge building and sharing in the team, including writing adequate documentation;
• Timely delivery of committed stories;
• Actively participate in scrum meetings to determine feasibility and effort.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• HBO working and thinking level or higher with minimum 4 years of development experience in complex IT environments;
• Experience in design methodologies, data modeling and system architectures, including SOA;
• Thorough knowledge and experience of JEE, WebServices (SOAP & REST), XML (XSD / XSLT) is a must;
• Good experience with developing high performance and scalable systems;
• Preferably knowledge of Java Messaging, for example based on the FUSE ESB Components (Camel, ServiceMix ESB, CXF) or equivalent;
• Preferably knowledge about Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration;
• Nice to have: knowledge and experience with technologies such as Oracle, PL / SQL, LDAP, Agile (SCRUM / XP), NoSQL;
• Excellent communication skills in English and preferably Dutch (both written and spoken forms).
– Working with cutting edge technologies (a.o. MongoDb, Fuse ESB, CI);
– A chance to apply scrum in practice;
– An environment where we share knowledge & promote self-improvement;
– Friendly and informal work environment;
– An open environment with possibility to suggest innovative ideas;
– Work with architects, DevOps and business to continuously improve our build process.
DTG offers online marketing services to small business enterprises (SME’s) in The Netherlands. We enable entrepreneurs to connect with new customers by helping them with their online visibility. DTG is a one-stop-shop providing SME’s Profile, Websites and Advertising services like Google AdWords™. DTG is the market leader in building, hosting and managing websites and through DTG’s Media: the paper De Telefoongids (white pages) & Gouden Gids (Yellowpages), the (mobile)site detelefoongids.nl and the Search & Find app.