Within Ingenico ePayments, the Product Intelligence & Innovation team (part of Product Marketing) helps the company to better understand the market, trends and competition for our product lines, and guides data-driven decision making within the Product organization.
Through your analytical expertise, you will help analyze and define the market for our products, by combining and analyzing data from external and internal sources. Beyond the available data, you expand this analysis with assumptions and simulations. In this, you take a hypothesis-driven approach and you continuously check & validate your results.
You will lead several key strategic projects for the Product team, initiated by the Executive team, the product strategy and your own market research. For those, you act with ownership and drive the (strategic) conversation forward.
Furthermore, you watch our industry for key trends and for interesting news from our competition, and you use data-driven research to quantify the impact of these. On a regular basis, you review the product offer of our key competitors and synthetize that information. As such, you act as central point of knowledge for market & competition at Product.
You translate the research and collected data into actionable insights & recommendations that drive product strategy, go-to-market plans and the product development roadmap. You work together with the Product, Sales, Corporate Strategy, Marketing & IT teams to get their input and to socialize the gathered product insights.
This role is based in Brussels, but with regular (~ bi-weekly) travel foreseen to our offices in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
- Strong analytical skills, you use data to generate insights and guide decision making
- Good helicopter view (developing a strategy or assessing market evolution) yet hands-on when required (help drive short-term decision making)
- Solid knowledge in use of market data, statistics, and assumption-based models
- Good economic insights, able to understand and develop business cases and financial models
- Experience in using tools for data analysis / reporting (e.g. Excel, VBA macro’s, Powerpoint)
- Well-coordinated, able to handle several projects and tasks in parallel and manage timely execution of key projects. As such, project management skills are a plus.
- Detail oriented, able to work diligently and accurately
- Reliable, sense of responsibility, commitment to results
- Comfortable with a fast paced and agile work environment
- Excellent and to-the-point communicator
- 2-3 years of work experience in product management, strategy or mgmt. consulting is required
- Relevant work experience in the Payments or Fintech industry is a strong plus
- Business-oriented university degree or equivalent through experience is required
- Very good knowledge of English is mandatory. French and Dutch are assets