The Estimator independently prepares an accurate cost budget and initial formulation of the technical qualifications and compilation of the tender submission documents based on the specifications and work drawings made available by the client. Where necessary you inspect the work on board of the ship. Inspection takes place both in France, in The Netherlands and abroad.
Tasks and responsibilities
You decide on the basis of your own insight, experiences and present parameters, the necessary hours per task and provide a price. You gather, in cooperation with the Purchasing Department, prices from suppliers for deliveries or subcontracting of work and incorporate them into the budget.
– Bachelor’s degree in Mechanics, Shipbuilding or MAROF.
– Used to working in teams, with a service providing and flexible attitude.
– Experience in ship building, maintenance or repair.
– Knowledge of estimating and cost structures.
– Knowledge of computer programs.