For our customer, Damen Shipyards, we are searching International naval Project Managers with experience in Shipbuilding. Willing to work at one of more than 40 different Damen shipyards world wide
Do you want to be there at the moment a new ship starts to take shape? And are you capable of effectively managing a wide range of projects for Damen? Then you should consider the position of Project Manager Engineering.
Using your expertise in either marine or mechanical engineering you will ensure that all the conditions for the start of the building of a new ship have been met. You will manage a team of Engineers and Assistant Project Managers and you will serve as a liaison officer within our Global Engineering Network. You will also liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and the suppliers. Moreover you will ensure that the yard and the relevant classification society have all the information that they require, and finally you will be on board the ship throughout its trials.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Coordinate and oversee one or more projects with regard to the engineering of a ship or ships, the purchasing of systems or components, and the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
· Prepare lists of drawings, plans and estimates for the engineering work for multiple projects or a subgroup within a single complex project;
· Provision of engineering support during the construction of the ship;
· Supervise and assess Assistant Project Managers Engineering, Lead/Senior Engineers, and indirectly manage engineers and trainees;
· Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and partners.
· You have a technically-oriented Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or similar;
· You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience;
· You have experience in managing complex engineering projects;
· You have experience in managing a group of engineers;
· You have a good command of English;
· You are willing to apply, share, and deepen your knowledge;
· You are quality conscious;
· You have good communication skills.
The Damen Shipyards Global Engineering Network is comprised of many Engineering Partners who work closely together in order to finish the complete design of each ship. This process is managed by the engineering department in Gorinchem. The work is carried out within four product groups: Tugs, High Speed Craft/Ferries, Offshore & Transport, and Damen Technical Cooperation. Each group is directed by an Engineering Manager and consists of a number of project teams. Each team includes both shipbuilding and mechanical engineers – directed by the Project Manager – who work on one or more projects at a time.
The Engineering Department is responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. Engineering focuses on the development of both existing Damen ship types and new designs. The Engineering Department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary.
Nr of Positions: 10
- Location: initially the Netherlands, career possibilities at Damen yards (see .damen.com)
- Salary: according to experience and (international) background and.
- Apply: Trabajar en Holanda portal
- Or via : firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer, engineering, naval, shipbuilding, shipyard, project manager, proyect, construccion, construction, astillero, Damen, achitect, oceanic, Holland, Germany, Neterhlands, England, scheepsbouw, Madrid, international, ingeniero, “ingeniero naval” , arquitecto, industrial, mecanico, project manager, venezuela,”naval engineer”
#naval #damen #trabajo #work #international #ingeniero