For our customer in Amsterdam we are searching candidates that match the following conditions:
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
You will be a key part of the Scrum development team software as service (SaaS) supporting the management and leasing of aircraft and engines that is in use with airlines and leasing companies around the world.
Your responsibilities will be to work closely with the Product/Business Owners and with the rest of the development team to take the requirements and convert them to the software and database design. You will also be asked to investigate any bugs and issues reported and work to resolve them with the rest of the development team and the internal operations department if needed.
Besides supporting our existing application, we are focusing on exploring new platforms for delivering our services, document management, image manipulation, security, performance, exposing Web APIs. High availability, scalability and integration with our existing back ends are important aspects of new development.
• Dependable and key member of the development team.
• Ability to understand requirements as presented by the Product Owners and ask any questions required for clarification.
• Translation of these requirements into software design: objects, screens, etc.
• Work closely with the rest of the development team(s) to deliver high quality software.
• Investigate bugs/issues reported during development sprint.
• Have an interest in new technologies and tools, willing to learn and teach.
• Supporting other team members.
Summary of technologies used:
• Windows Forms
• Web APIs
• Windows Azure
• LLBLGEN (OR Mapper)
• Dependency Injection
The client builds integrated software solutions for lease management, engine fleet planning, records scanning as well as technical and back office services for aircraft and engine operators, lessors and MROs. With a strong customer focus, they deliver a reliable and secure service to its clients using latest technologies and state of the art IT infrastructure.
They have over 140 employees at locations in the Netherlands, the UK, Ireland and USA.
• Job knowledge
• Knowledge of the different applications, databases and services software code
• Ability to work as part of a Scrum team.
• Relationships with other developers and Product Owners
• Ability to innovate and introduce new concepts.
• Code quality and accuracy
• Problem solving
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Medior /Senior Microsoft .NET Developer (3-5 years’ experience in .NET development)
• Very good knowledge and experience in Windows Forms and Web development.
• General competence in software design/development and IT in general
• General competence in data design/development.
• Fluent in English
• Good communication skills
• Good analysis and problem solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Work pro-actively in a small team with a can-do attitude
• Knowledge of the aviation industry is a pre
• Extended knowledge of Microsoft .NET 4.x
• Experience in Windows Forms.
• Good level of coding experience in VB.NET/C#.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server
• Design skills are beneficial
• Knowledge of/interest in aircraft and engines is useful
• Fast learning and general aptitude to knowing more about the business side of the software
We can really say that the salary is very competitive, with excellent secondary benefits. Help with relocation to Amsterdam is available.