Do you have experience with people development and affinity with the High-Tech industry? Do you want take our structural engineering department to the next level? Then apply now for the role of Manager Structural Engineering at Ampelmann Operations!
Ampelmann has set the international standard in safe offshore access, but this is not where our ambition stops. Innovation is one of the pillars of the company. At a high pace we develop new offshore systems such as compensated cranes, a transfer system for smaller (non-DP) ships, a cold climate Ampelmann and much, much more.
The Engineering Department is the innovative core of the company. Our engineers have their base at the Delft headquarters, but are also out there, offshore and onshore to test and demonstrate the safety and integrity of our systems. The Structural Engineering Division is responsible for the design and analysis of all load carrying components and consists of six highly motivated, excellent engineers. The Innovations Projects that Ampelmann takes on, are growing in number and complexity. Therefore we are recruiting a Manager Structural Engineering to catalyze this dynamic process.
Manage the Structural Engineering department by providing leadership and guidance while overseeing Innovations projects. Ensuring that staff stay abreast of current technologies. You will work in close operation with the Technical Authority Structural Engineering, taking decisions on complex technical matters.
- Continuous improvement of the department and development of the long term strategy
- Manages the Structural Engineering department through clearly defining functions and goals, establishing priorities, assigning work, mobilizing resources and monitoring progress
- Assigning work and supervising the activities of the Structural Engineers; encouraging them to develop their technical as well as their personal leadership skills
- Decision making role for structural engineering issues, including operational issues
- Maintain overview, even with time constraints
- Work in close corporation with other Engineering disciplines (e.g. Motion Control, Design Engineering & Drawing Office)
- Master degree in Aerospace, Civil, Maritime Engineering or similar.
- 3- 5 years working experience in a technical field
- Affinity with people development and at least 1- 2 years of experience as manager or team lead, preferably in the maritime of offshore sector.
- Knowledge of structural design and analysis principles, processes, methods and tools.
- Experience with certification agencies such as Lloyd’s Register is a pre.
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English, spoken and written.
- High degree of responsibility in short term and high impact projects.
- An informal work atmosphere in a fast growing and challenging environment.
- A good salary and excellent secondary benefits.
- Ampelmann Training Academy: for your personal and professional development.
Do you recognize yourself in our core values: technological and professional excellence, safety and team spirit? Please apply before 31 August 2016 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply now” button on our website.