Lead Software Architect
- location: Braine-L’alleud
- start date: 31-08-2016
- end date: 28/02/2017
Your responsibility will include:
In this position, you will be responsible for the research and end-to-end design of software applications.
- You will apply a solid understanding of requirements and systems analysis techniques, procedures and criteria to create the software architecture design inputs that are used to develop the software.
- You will consolidate and document your designs into a Software Architecture Document (SAD), providing an overview of the system, its position in the ecosystem, its components and their interactions, in different views (conceptual, development, security, data flows, deployment, …).
- You will work with a cross-functional team (enterprise and security architects, integration specialists, compliance and privacyexperts, infrastructure experts) to ensure a comprehensive and sustainable approach to your designs.
- You will plan, schedule, and lead project assignments using various engineering techniques, processes, and methods with minimal guidance.
- You will ensure ensuring that software engineering best practice methodologies are applied throughout the software development lifecycle.
- You will drive the development of standards and processes to support and facilitate integration of related projects and initiatives.
- You will be the owner of the different systems used to collect, store and manage online patient data in a safe, secure, compliant, reliable and integrated way.
Knowledge / Education:
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or an equivalent combination through education, training, and experience.
- Fluent in English (written and oral), other languages (French, Dutch) are valuable asset.
- 3 – 5 years direct experience in system design or software architecture, spanning backend systems, mobile apps and/or IoT. Working knowledge of programming styles and languages is required.
- Functional analysis skills, including gathering of functional and non-functional requirements and functional specifications, analyzing their impact and producing supporting documentation.
- Well-versed with documenting complex systems; proficient in modeling languages such as UML or SysML.
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design (DDD) is plus.
- End-to-end software architecture design spanning all layers (including complex, large-scale and distributed systems), using proven styles and patterns where applicable. Hands-on experience with SOAP, REST, layered, event-driven and (micro)service architectures are required.
- Experience with code analysis, complexity and dependency analysis.
- A solid understanding of software security essentials.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, techniques and tools.
- An analytical approach and attitude, with an eye for detail, yet able to maintain the oversight of the overall architecture.
- Experience with agile Smethods and DevOps.
- Experience with regulated environments (GxP, HIPAA, …) is a plus.
- Demonstrated accountability and be driven by patient value creation
Skills & Attitude:
- Ability to rally up the experts through partnership and work in a collaborative environment
- connecting with people and share experience
- Team player
- Ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy.
- Continuously staying up to date on new technologies, trends and architectural patterns, and evaluating their implications.
- Excellent organization skills & ability to work effectively and independently while prioritizing tasks in a fast changing
- Strong project management skills and high performer ensuring agile delivery of complex solution complying with high quality standards.
- Experience in explaining difficult concepts to decision makers (both technical and non-technical audience) to help shape technology strategy.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and ability to influence a large group of people
- Demonstrated storytelling and impactful presentation skills