The purpose of this position is to manage day to day IT functions including personnel, at JLG on an EMEA-level. This position requires broad business and technology knowledge, the ability to drive change (people, process & technology), and strong project management skills. The successful candidate must be able to organize and lead projects of varying complexity and size. Furthermore, the candidate must be driven to improve processes and technology within the business as well as within the department. This position is based at JLG’s EMEA headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of information technology professionals. Hire and train new staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide leadership and coaching, including technical and personal development programs for team members.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the IT function. Manage and coordinate operational components of incident management, including detection, response and reporting. Prepare regular plans and resource capacity forecasts. Manage vendor relationships.
- Deliver internal IT customer service excellence. Ensure uptime, optimal performance and intended business value. Develop strong relationships with internal customers to ensure a thorough understanding of business and technical objectives.
- Ensure the effective use of IT project methodologies. Provide oversight for area IT projects. Provide expert guidance on deliverables, process and approach. Ensure the development of thorough project plans.
- Work with business leaders to understand business direction and identify opportunities for business optimization and process improvement.
- Ensure compliance with IT and business policies and audit requirements. Coordinate, measure and report on the technical aspects of IT management.
- Prepare annual plans and budgets. Ensure ongoing spending aligns with plans. Propose and implement changes as appropriate.
- Ensure alignment of IT operations, project approach, architecture and management with the overall global IT targets and approach. Develop strong relationships across IT.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment and operate in a globally distributed, matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT management, or related field
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Fluent with English. Knowledge of other European languages is advantageous.
- High competency in topics across infrastructure domains: end-user services, unified communications, network routing & switching, server hardware & operating system, virtualization.
- Technology Certifications
- Cisco CCNA,CCNP
- VMWare VCA6-DCV, VCP6-DCV
- EMC EMCCA, EMCCAD, EMCDCA, EMCSA
- Project Management / ITIL Certification
- Project Management Institute PMP®
- ITIL Foundation V3 or higher
Due to the sensitivity of this role the successful candidate will be required to undergo a background screening check.