As General Ledger Accountant at Ampelmann you have the opportunity to achieve great things and showcase your expertise. Our company continues to grow at a rapid pace and handling the financial process in an effective and accurate way is challenging. Do you want to bring our financial process to the next level? We are looking for a skillful General Ledger Accountant to join our team, so apply now!
The Finance & Control department consists of a number of teams: Financial Administration, Financial Control and Business Control. The young and enthusiastic team of Financial Administration is now looking for a General Ledger Accountant to bring this team and its achievements to the next level!
What makes this a challenging opportunity for you?
You will be accountable for preparing and maintaining monthly balance sheet reconciliations, monitoring the progress of projects and investigating variances. In this role you will have the opportunity to work independently on further development of the local and foreign financial administrations and current systems. In addition, you are the sparring partner for the Team Lead Financial Administration.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, ensure completeness and accuracy
- Process and maintain monthly recurring journal entries e.g. wages, prepaid and accruals
- Setting up and maintain a fixed asset administration
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Support in filing VAT declarations
- Initiate and participate in improvement projects
The role is not limited to the above activities, it’s a team effort, so occasionally providing support to other team members throughout critical times is also part of your role.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accountancy or similar
- 2 years of work experience in General Ledger Administration
- Structured way of working, good organizational- and planning skills
- Problem solving skills, able to offer pragmatic solutions
- Keen eye on detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English, spoken and written
- High degree of responsibility in short term and high impact projects
- An informal work atmosphere in a fast growing and challenging environment
- A good salary and excellent secondary benefits (i.e. new office building as of 1st of October & great healthy lunches with fun and young colleagues)
- Ampelmann Training Academy: for your personal and professional development
Do you recognize yourself in our core values: Technological and Professional Excellence, Safety and Team spirit? You can apply before 31st of August 2016 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website.