For its development team working on in-house developed products, our client is actively looking for an functional analyst who will be able to:
- Blend in with an agile software development team, developing business products in shortdevelopment cycles (using scrum)
- Understand and model business requirements related to gas flow management
- processes (specifically allocations, billing and business intelligence), while respecting the existing architecture and systems.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operationa specifications, leveraging modeling tools and adhering to the methodology.
- Assist the developers in producing high quality products, based on defined specifications
- Contribute to the definition of enhancements for applications and team operations.
- Participate in estimating and prioritizing development activities required to address the business requirements
- Participate in support interventions on (critical) production systems
- Help to produce test scenarios for system and integration testing
- Business requirements are analyzed, understood and documented in Epics and User Stories
- Writing effective user stories that are very clear and concise and are easy to understand and implement by the development team
- Analyze existing documentation and gather information from within the Project Team and from the business
- Take initiatives for meetings with the business and be responsible for the follow up.
- Document business processes using activity diagrams, information models and sequence diagrams.
- Produce functional system specifications compliant to the methodology standards,
- CBD oriented (Component Based Development)
- Produce business component interface specifications compliant to methodology standards (CBD)
- Produce & follow-up test scenarios on a component and system level
- Review functional system specifications of peers
- Review business component interface specifications of peers
Experience & expertise:
- Applied mathematics background and experience
- background knowledge on (gas) flow management domain is an asset
- experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- experience working on Business Intelligence (BI) projects is an asset
- sound knowledge of UML and Business Process Modeling techniques (including Role Activity Diagrams)
- good knowledge of the CBD principles
- good knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) systems and dimensional modelling
- knowledge of GUI design and user-friendliness oriented design
- knowledge of architectural techniques and structures
- Good technical affinity, able to do bottom-up reconstruction of application functionalities, starting from technical documentation or even codebase.
- Analytical and synthesizing skills to clearly define problems and requirements anddetermine solutions with controllable impact for them on mission-critical applications
- the ability to analyze functional problems and to choose the most appropriate solution
- the ability to produce precise and formal specifications for systems or business
- components compliant to the methodology standards (CBD)
- fluency in the use of the following tools:
- documentation-communication tools (Microsoft Office or equivalent)
- modeling tools (UML based CASE tools like Enterprise Architect)
- change and configuration management tools (MS VSTS)
- project reporting tools (timesheet reporting)
- Sound knowledge of technical matters like databases, database queries, .NET
- architectures, code sourcing. Needed to be able to do bottom-up research for problem
- diagnostics and / or requirements impact analysis.
- skills when interviewing users; listening actively to their needs, asking the right questions
- and interpreting the answers accurately
- ability to communicate the semantics of formal and precise models to users in a digestible form
- ability to communicate the details of the specifications to developers
- Goal directed attitude
- Ability to work relatively independently and proactively following the priorities and timing
of the project plan, under supervision of the project leader.
- Ability to detect priority conflicts, be able to advise on possible options and discuss solution with stakeholders
- Analytical skills allowing rapid learning of various and new businesses or technical matters in the context of multi products maintenance.
- Ability to work in a structured way following the procedures of the project (check-in, check-out, time sheet reporting, punctuality)
- Ability to work according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Good balance between methodological approach and respect for practical constraints.
- Ability to communicate realistic predictions about the analysis work
- Ability to communicate in Dutch (spoken) or French (spoken) and English (written).
- Ability to adapt to the evolving set of methods and tools.
- Customer, solution and improvement minded
- Team player