At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company’s diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. JLG is part of the Access segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
The primary function of this role is to assist customers with all technical problems, on site or by phone, perform repair work, and provide solutions with the highest consideration for customer service, quality and efficiency. Under the supervision of the Service Manager and the SSO General Manager, the functions include the following:
- Provide service and repair work at customer’s location.
- Carry Pre-Delivery Inspections and specification changes.
- Provide telephone support to customers.
- Undertake customer retail work, and used equipment and warranty repairs on location for JLG customers.
- Carry out used equipment and customer retail work as and when requested.
- Answer customer queries on machine use and promote the safe and responsible use
- Maintain necessary maintenance records; submit well presented and accurate service documentation on a timely basis
- General Workshop Duties, i.e Loading/unloading of machines
- Perform other ad-hoc duties when necessary
- Three years of relevant experience; preferably as a field service technician/engineer
- Engineering Qualification – NVQ level 3 City and Guilds or equivalent.
- Full Driving License
- Qualified to allow statutory inspections to be undertaken (e.g. CAP)
- Operator training on specific equipment (e.g. IPAF)
- A knowledge of 12v electric circuits and canbus controls is preferable
- Background in mechanical and hydraulic engineering is advantageous
- Willing and able to follow Training on various JLG products
- Knowledge of JLG machines is advantageous
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting and repairing machinery
- Ability to interpret hydraulic and electrical schematics (diagrams)
- Excellent customer service skills: verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and a real trouble-shooter
- Clean driving licence
In return JLG offer a competitive salary, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and a range of flexible benefits.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.