Declarant wanted for an freight forwarder in Amsterdam.
For one of our clients, an freight forwarder in Amsterdam, we are looking for a declarant.
- (Pro-active) communication with co-workers, departments and customers.
- Double-check customer credit status received from customer service.
- Validate VAT / EORI number of customer prior to clearance.
- Customs clear shipments on behalf of our customers.
- Feed E2k with the proper milestone/delay codes on status (changes) of shipments.
- Request for duty refunds (if applicable).
- Act upon not properly discharged customs documents.
- Stay current on the Dutch and EU laws.
- Check on clearance statuses of shipments (MBO / VMA shipments).
- Fill E2k with the duty and VAT amount.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures and invoice accordingly.
- Verify file completeness.
- Fill / maintain Customer database.
- Support team members on daily operations.
- Scanning documentation into the system.
- Prompt reply to e-mails.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Education Level: MBO level (Deklarant certificate is an advantage)
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Willingness to work in shifts, including weekends
- Good communication skills (Dutch & English in speech and in writing)
- Basic computer skills
- Capable to work with strict deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Able to prioritize and make decisions
- Team player
Did you get enthusiastic and would you like to work in a highly dynamic environment? Then please respond to this vacancy by emailing your resume in Word and a representative photo to firstname.lastname@example.org