Ingenico ePayments is the online and mobile commerce division of Ingenico Group. We connect merchants and consumers, enabling businesses everywhere to go further beyond today’s boundaries and creating the future of global commerce. As industry leaders since 1994, our innovative spirit drives us forward across all channels. We are the trusted partner of over 65,000 small and large merchants who rely on us to make payments easy and secure for their customers. With advanced data analytics, fraud management solutions and cross-border commerce expertise, we help merchants optimize their business and grow into new markets around the world.
Credit & Risk Department
The Credit and Risk Department (C&R) has 3 different teams: Credit Management, Investigations and Risk Management. The Credit team will safeguard the company against financial losses due to business-failure or non-performance of current and prospect merchants. By using various collateral options the Credit team will secure the open financial exposure. The Investigations team performs the KYC checks on prospect and current merchants in order to be compliant with internal and external requirements. The Risk team monitors the merchant transactions in order to reduce the possibility on fraudulent transactions, together with merchant rules will be set to minimize the fraud risk.
Deliverables / Tasks
The Credit Risk Underwriter will analyze credit risk and perform underwriting activities for merchant accounts.
- Evaluation of merchants financial health and credit worthiness,
- Maintenance and review of current information on existing accounts.
- Review of transaction history to assess credit worthiness of new prospective clients.
- Investigations of processing activities on accounts that have exceeded the parameters set and take actions to reduce the increased Ingenico ePayments credit exposure.
- Final Go/No-Go decision to accept the merchant with or without collateral.
Investigations include the gathering of data from various sources & systems and interpreting the data, detailed analyses of the financial position of the merchant in order to give the merchant a fair Credit Risk Rating. The analyses made will be used for external (acquirers, suppliers, vendors) boarding of the merchant too.
- Client focused, results oriented, quality and efficiency driven.
- Dynamic, flexible, resilient and calm.
- Excellent communicator across an array of audiences (Sales, Merchants, Suppliers).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Competencies of negotiation (Customers, Suppliers, Acquirers)
- Ability to identify trends (processing, consumer credit reports,…)
- Highly detailed work habits with excellent follow up skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and can deliver a high quality results.
- Ability to balance between operational excellence and commercial/sales success.
- Excellent reporting, verbal and presentation skills.
- Maintain current knowledge (industry, professional topics,…)
- At least 2 year experience in Credit Risk management environment (psp, acquirer, e-wallet institution).
- Proven experience in Credit Underwriting
- Experience in online card processing/ecommerce industry
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in (business) economics
- Must be able to set the right tone with merchants and internal stakeholders – firm where necessary, conciliatory and friendly as a standard.
- Maintain effective relationships with all aspects of the business
- Skills in teamwork; both internally and external
- Language skills: English (must), French or Dutch