GarantiBank International NV (“GBI”) operates in the Netherlands since 1990. The bank is a 100% subsidiary of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi AS, Istanbul, Turkey. Turkiye Garanti Bankasi AS, Istanbul is part of BBVA Group, Spain.
Main commercial activities of GBI are international trade finance, private banking, structured finance and corporate and commercial banking. GBI’s international growth and its commercial activities are coordinated and managed from our Head Office in Amsterdam. Our commercial activities are set to expand both domestically and abroad.
GBI has been delivering added-value in trade finance, structured finance, private banking and retail banking market segments. The Bank is an award-winning “global boutique” player delivering top-end tailored solutions to selected trade finance clients around the globe. In private banking field, the specialization is to provide financial services to international high net-worth individual and institutional clients with holistic product coverage and a high degree of service sophistication. Structured finance services, comprising of shipping finance and cash management, add value in terms of broad business diversification through service oriented customer management. Furthermore, it offers diversified retail banking services in Germany and the Netherlands.
GBI has a branch in Germany (Düsseldorf) and representative offices in Turkey (Istanbul), Switzerland (Geneva) and Ukraine (Kiev).
The officer is responsible for the assessment, monitoring and follow-up of the risks of his/her portfolio and for checking the required reports prepared by his/her subordinate(s) in line with the procedures set by the Credit department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking & assessing the credibility of a company.
- Checking the Qualitative and Quantitative parts of the analysis and obtain additional information from external sources if needed.
- Checking the proposed Collateral and structure of transactions proposed.
- Compare with Credit Standards and with Company’s peer group within the portfolio.
- Preparing the Credit Comments for the proposal to be submitted to the Credits Committee of the Bank.
- Follow up and announce credit committee decisions regarding the proposal.
- Setting Credit Utilization Conditions (CUC) in accordance with approved proposal.
- Approving or Rejecting each utilization proposed by Front Offices.
- Follow-up each utilization in terms of collateral, timely repayment, proper documentation, etc.
- Preparing daily or routine Credit Follow-up reports that are assigned by Credit Manager.
- Ensuring that the transactions are properly booked in the Bank’s core system and related MIS reports are prepared appropriately.
- Involving in generating Reports that are required as a need of better risk monitoring and following.
- Providing the coordination within a team for the preparation of a new report and maintenance of these reports.
- Have an active role in the preparation of a project whose outlines are already instructed.
- Providing the coordination within the assigned team to increase the efficiency in the projects.
- Assisting to the project to be finalized on time and by meeting the goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/Master in Business Administration or Economics
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience in an international environment (preferably in a function with credit/commercial elements within a financial institution)
- Fluency in English (excellent written and verbal skills)
Key Competencies Required:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from different organizational levels