The purpose of this position is to manage the procurement portfolio of Axles, Drivetrains, and Powertrains; this is JLG’s largest portfolio on a global scale, supporting our business operations in Europe and North America. A main goal of this position is to generate cost efficiency and innovation; and encourage competition in a market with a few players. This position is based in Munich, Germany and reports to the Senior Segment Commodity Manager and dotted-line to the GPSC Strategic Manager.
Vision: To develop a world-class procurement and supply chain organization providing the best logistics, quality, new product development and competitiveness to the company on a global basis.
Mission: On time delivery of parts and services at the right quality, technology and cost levels to provide sustainable competitiveness to the company and our end customers
Duties and Responsibilities
- To serve the organization globally with the right innovative supply solutions
- Secure an optimal supply base to serve the organization with the right innovative technical supply solutions against the requested quality standards, lowest total cost, timely delivery on both NPD-projects as well as flawless on time delivery of production
- Lead Commodity team in coordination with Global Procurement lead
- Set up and secure supplier relationship
- Coordinate major production schedule changes with the suppliers by negotiating price adjustments for either up or down volume swings including phase out cost at production stop
- Set up and maintain Commodity Strategies
- Perform continuous risk management
- Execute strategic sourcing
- Contracting. Set up and maintain (negotiate) basic standard agreements covering the agreements with supplier on quality, cost, delivery and flexibility
- Secure data integrity
- Execute supply base management. Review current base and determine “ideal base” including all European facilities and in line with Corporate. Define strategy to come to ideal.
- Execute Cost Management
- Instruct suppliers on JLG-processes
- Support Engineering; ensure good collaboration with engineering on existing models and new product development (NPD)
- Execute timely follow up on the CN-processes in strong collaboration with Engineering to secure a proper flow of information to and from supplier in the right quality, in time resulting in the optimal solution for JLG on Quality, Cost, and Delivery
- Manage Supplier Performance
- Quality (PPM, Spills, Supplier-rating, open 8D’s)
- Delivery (shortages, past dues, too early delivery, no order acknowledgement, quantity deviation…..).
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in procurement, of which 3 years are in strategic procurement.
- Prior experience in procurement in area of Access Equipment, Construction or Automotive industries is desirable
- Prior experience with Axles, Drivetrain and Powertrain
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Supply Chain Management (or similar/equivalent)
- Fluent with English. Knowledge of German or Italian is advantageous.
- Project Management or Continuous Improvement (e.g. Green Belt) qualification is desirable
- For this position significant travel (in Europe) is required
- Understanding of Strategic Supply Chain Management
- In depth knowledge of purchasing processes
- Strategic minded & hands-on; proactive & takes initiative; translate company strategy and apply to market & vendor selection;
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- First rate Communication skills: able to communicate efficiently cross-functionally and on a global scale
- Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills: analyse situations and react in timely manner, detail focused and possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse suppliers’ financial figures