Are you the person who gets their sales energy through the “hunt” for new opportunities? An exciting new position has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join our internationally growing and innovative organization. This position will based in Singapore.
The Business Development department is accountable for overall sales achievements worldwide, in order to maximize sales growth and optimize profits. Ampelmann is a fast growing and innovative company changing the offshore industry through our Ampelmann technology and services.
As Business Development Manager you are responsible for new business and market segment development. This is principally a “hunter” role with the view to opening new market segments, cold-calling new potential customers, qualifying and bringing in new early stage business. You will work in a team of 4 commercial colleagues jointly developing the region’s sales growth in the regional office that service the Asia Pacific Region.
- Identify potential market segments and customers within these segments
- Develop a market / customer penetration strategy, to efficiently assess the opportunity of the chosen segment and customers within the segment
- Prepare and implement cold-calling campaigns to open up access to potential customers
- Meet face to face with potential new customers to assess their needs and present the Ampelmann solution
- Qualify sales and overcome objections to sales
- Develop and maintain (on-going) a sales plan
- Be on top of your game, ensure that all your prospects and existing customers have a high level of satisfaction of your service
- Bachelor or Master degree with a minimum of 7 years successful sales experience
- Proven track record of successful sales experience, from a sales opportunity through a sales close
- A demonstrable understanding of the mechanical engineer industry and the oil and gas industries that Ampelmann sells into
- Ability to persuade and influence others and put Ampelmann across in the best light
- A self-motivated individual with excellent communication and relation skills, happy to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction in large accounts
- Willingness to travel (>50%), work will require significant travel throughout the Asia Pacific region and occasional require weekend or evening work
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in English
- High degree of responsibility in short term and high impact projects
- A challenging job that will stretch you to your next level
- A good salary and excellent secondary benefits
Do you recognize yourself in our core values: Technological and Professional Excellence, Safety and Team spirit? You can apply before 31 August 2016 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website.