Our Business Analysts are at the heart of delivering operational business change at ePayments, leading the thinking to shape multi-million investments. Our analysts find themselves working on initiatives that include but are not limited to the launch of new payment products, processes, services, core platforms enhancements, changes to the way our customers interact with us and improvements to our operational infrastructure amongst others.
The Business Analyst Operations Strategy liaises between the different Client Operations business functions and Product Management/ IT / Project Management. As a Business Analyst you safeguard the operational change management process and take responsibility for owning the process of identifying operational business opportunities from a conceptual idea, understanding the ‘why’ through analysis, capture, document and manage the business requirements from concept to operational readiness. Managing scope and a varied set of operational stakeholders is an integral and important part of this role.
As well as demonstrating leadership and relationship focus you are an exceptional analyst with a proven toolkit of techniques allowing you to tackle the wide variety of projects you support. You are a natural communicator and have an affinity for working in a day-to-day operational production environment. The role doesn’t just stop at analysis though, you will need to take ownership since as a Business Analyst, you are involved at every stage of operational delivery using your operational business expertise and your drive to succeed to make our projects successful.
As a Business Analyst you exhibit the following skills and behavior:
- Develop Client Operations business expertise with an aim of being a point of reference in the company for Operations related projects and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the Client Operations Business Guidelines / Requirements.
- Represent Client Operations in our IPDM (Ingenico Project Development Methodology) to deliver the following documents:
- Business Impact Assessment
- Business Requirements document
- Enhancement Request form
- Work closely together with the Client Operations management team, product managers, project managers, architects and technology stakeholders to capture, analyse and manage operational business requirements.
- Participates in and/or facilitates the implementation of products, services, and operational changes individually and in collective efforts. This includes collaborating with Operations management, Product Management and outside entities to build understanding and acceptance of new/revised approach to products and/or services.
- Work closely with the project group and product management in completing Scoping, Pre-feasibility, or Feasibility studies.
- Identifies project requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing operations; determining project scope; documenting results.
- Develops problem solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart (BPMN2) and diagram;
- Assistance to UAT teams on creation/execution of the test cases.
- Ultimately operational readiness for successful delivery of the end-to-end solution.
- A passion for your own development and the drive to constantly improve.
- Excellent inter-personal skills. Strong team player.
- Customer focused. Driven to improve Ingenico ePayments business services.
- Pro-active. Result-driven. Drive. Shows initiative.
- Assertive. Well developed communication skills. Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff (verbal/written) at all levels in the organization.
- Flexible. Willingness and strong ability to learn
- Stress-resistant and well organised
- Analytical skills; the ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated issues by making decisions that are sensible given the available information. Such skills include demonstration of the ability to apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and/or testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Problem Solving, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Project Management, Process Improvement, Client Relationships, Reporting Skills, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
- Preferably 5 years of experience as a Certified Business Analysis Professional (BCS) in an operational business unit or role with similar responsibilities.
- Preferably experience in the payment processing area or Financial Services Industry. Payments experience in a Payment Services Provider role is an advantage.
- Preferably experience in a project organization role
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field such as: business, business informatics, math, economics, finance, statistics, science, engineering