You have worked minimun 4 years as a test leader/manager with at least 2 BI projects and 2 technical projects (for example: upgrade of the operating system on the Windows servers)
- Concrete experiences showing your ability to coordinate several virtual teams.
- Concrete experiences showing your ability to work on at least 4 projects in parallel.
You will be part of a team of Test Leaders in Corporate and IT project Department.
You will work mainly on the Business Inteligent (BI) projects, but also on the infrastructure projects or/and on Corporate Roadmap projects.
The infrastructure projects aim mainly at upgrading the existing Hardware, Operating System, Middleware, and Third Party Software.
The Corporate Roadmap projects’ objectives are to upgrade the existing packages softwares.
These products could be running on Windows, Unix, Linux, Solaris, Tandem and Mainframe platforms.
In line with the company’s Project Life Cycle (and the associated deliverables), your prime responsibilities are:
- to define of a X-platform testing and launching strategy based on the requirements and product risks analysis
- to plan for testing activities as well as the required testing environments topology
- to manage the test preparation and execution in Quality Centre
- to manage defects (from Quality Centre)
- to report on test execution progress and defect resolutions
- to produce a test summary report (TSR) and to present it to the major stakeholders in the GO/NOGO meeting
- to organize and coordinate the launch activities in Permanent test environments, pre-production and production. These activities are often happening during the weekend.
You will have to coordinate efforts with major stakeholders like Corporate Technology teams (responsible for infrastructure),
business teams and service partners as well as obtain sign-off from them on key deliverables.
This role is mainly based in Brussels.
- Having experiences in analyzing data through SQL, DB2 and Sybase database
- X-platforms skills (with focus on Distributed domains, i.e. Windows and UNIX)
- Having experiences in the infrastructure upgrade domain (OS, System Software, Middleware, packages software,…)
- Familiar with non-functional testing (performance test, fail-over test, swap test, security test, …)
- having experiences in coordination of the deployment of hardware and software.
- Specific tool : Quality Centre
- You should have several years of experiences in BI and infrastructure project testing.
- Knowledge of risk based approach testing (requirements & product risks analysis)
- Familiar with the V-model concepts
- Ability to write a test summary report and to communicate during go/no-go meeting
- Very good understanding of technical aspects
- Affinity with technical testing
- You should be able to manage teams and relationships with various divisions, entities and service partners. This requires strong interpersonal skills:
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level.
- Very good organizational skills (ability to manage several projects in parallel)
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities
- Strong ability to manage changes
- Ability to establish and maintain trust
- Ability to drive workshops with all stakeholders (leadership skill)
The following skills are a plus:
- Familiar with defect management
- Ability to deal with environment set-up
- business knowledge is an asset, but not mandatory
- Having a certification of ISTQB and/or ITIL, or similar IT frameworks