- Design, test and implement technical solutions based on business and operational requirements, taking into account recent technology evolutions.
- Generates methods, procedures and technical documentation regarding delivered solutions to be used by the various operational departments, performs operational hand-over of the delivered solution
- Ensures that carrier network & associated systems are rightfully dimensioned
- Manages the system’s software & hardware lifecycle.
- Ensures good interaction and communication with: Product Managers, Customers, Procurement, Operational teams, Suppliers, Security, Analysts and other Engineers.
- Provide Internal workshops & ad-hoc trainings
Expert knowledge of (with hands on experience):
- Large Service Provider Carrier Networks architectures
- IPv4 & IPv6 & Routing protocols (BGP, MP-BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
- MPLS, MPLS Layer 2 &Layer3 VPN, Traffic Engineering, FRR, 6(v)PE
- BGP Routing policies and Route Reflector configurations
- IP-Transit architectures and traffic management
- QoS design and configurations
- IP Sec configurations
- Switched network environments (QinQ, (rapid)Spanning tree variants, 802.3ad)
- Carrier Ethernet architectures and OAM
- Netflow, SNMP & Syslogs
- Experience in large network roll-outs
Hands on experience with:
- Cisco 7k6 and ASR1k routers
- ALCATEL SR 7750 routers
Engineering Degree with an experience of minimum 5 years in the Telecom service network industry
Additional knowledge (considered as strong assets) :
- Network Scripting
- Optical technologies (WDM, OTN, SDH), MPLS-TP, GMPLS
- Traffic inspection, optimization & caching
- Network simulation & network modelling tool (Cisco-Mate or alike)
- Knowledge of IP-Security
- Cisco ME3400, ASR 920 experience is a plus
- ALCATEL SAS, SAR is a plus
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, team player, open-minded
- Dedicated and can do attitude, analytical, problem solver
- Organized & good project management skills (planning, follow up, communication, interaction with vendors…)
- Ability to integrate technical solution within broader contexts (like business, OSS, governance, …)
- Ability to take initiatives, be autonomous and act proactively is absolutely a must have (!)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment.