We are currently looking for an experienced Supervisor to manage the Accounts Payable (AP) team that is composed of 5 enthusiastic professionals. The primary function is the responsibility of the day-to-day management and performance of the Accounts Payable function, servicing the manufacturing and Sales & Service locations in the EMEA Region.
Another important function is to drive process improvements together with the team. Enhance the existing employee expense process and implement in countries where it has not been rolled out yet. Further professionalize the physical flow of invoices through the organization and the approval and coding process. Candidates that like to work in an international environment and feel well in a culturally diverse working place, are likely to be successful. In this position you report to the Director of Finance.
Purpose of the job:
- Manage the Accounts Payable team
- Manage process improvements and initiate projects
- Ensure that the supplier invoices of the JLG Companies are accurately and timely processed and paid
- Ensure the invoice processing is done in accordance with internal and external (VAT) regulations
- Control the preparation and processing of payment cycles
- Monitor the process for urgent and manual payments
- Manage and improve the process for employee expenses
- Communicate professionally and regularly follow up issues with internal customers and other departments (Purchasing, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, VAT; abroad or in The Netherlands) as well as with external parties like vendors and accountants
- Act together with your team as a service provider in a Shared Services organization
- Manage and perform month-end activities like AP sub ledger reconciliations and expense accrual preparation
- Monitor the performance of the AP team and report out the relevant KPI’s (clean sub ledgers, follow up of reconciling entries, number of invoices processed and paid in time)
- Assist with US GAAP and statutory audits
- Continually work to improve team, department and organization’s performance.
- Perform weekly one-to-ones and career development conversations.
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance & ensure standards and objectives are met
- Monitor attendance & leave requests; ensure proper coverage for the team.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
- Develop future leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 – 6 years relevant experience with at least several years at managerial level, preferable in an international environment and/or a European Shared Service Center (you know how to organize an efficient working team)
- Fluent with English (any other European language is considered an added value)
- Good management and communication skills (in person, on the phone and in writing)
- Good skills to initiate and improve/optimize processes
- Good analytical skills and good level of accuracy
- Has a hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of Financial / Accounting ERP systems and knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Shows initiative and provides good follow up on areas of responsibility
- Comfortable with a team based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job
- Will act pro-actively and will contribute to the development of the Shared Service Center